Documents and Photos

When you have a baby overseas you not only have to get birth certificates from the country you are in but you also have to get all the paperwork from America, i.e. birth certificate, Social Security Number and a passport. Ok, sounds simple doesn’t it? Not really though.

So far we’ve made two appointments with the Consulate and canceled both. Why? Because we can’t get a photo for Lily’s passport that will work. Do you know how hard it is to get a newborn to look straight at you with open eyes and not crying…pretty dog gone hard.

So we will try again next week. I’ll let you know how it turns out.

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s